Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Love Bird Cake Toppers



My wedding is in August...which means that I am trying to avoid at all costs getting sucked into the vortex that is wedding spending. It is NUTS....it seems as though when I think that everything is close to being done, I have forgotten some major multi hundred dollar expense. Flowers? Whoops....how did I just not think about that? Who needs em anyway...

So fully ignoring the flowers, seating arrangement, and all the other typical wedding ridiculousness....I set my sights on finding the one detail that is obviously the most important element, obviously... THE CAKE TOPPER!! We all know, it's all about the cake anyway.

I had been eyeing these adorable vintage-style lovebirds for months, and finally snatched them up. They are ridiculously cute...the bride has eyelashes, a veil, a pearl necklace, and red lipstick. The groom is obviously metro, with his top hat and bow tie.

I am so excited for them to come!! I will make sweet love to them... I mean.... put them on my cake?


Love Bird Bride and Groom Cake Toppers
By: Tuck and Bonte on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/listing/50002179/love-bird-bride-and-groom-cake-toppers
$75.00

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for dropping by my thread and for visiting my blog.It's fun discovering new blogs everyday.

    And your wedding is fast approaching....wishing you all the best.

    The vintage style love birds? love it....so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I loved checking out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my... I found a shop in SF that does taxidermy mice in weird costumes....perfect taxidermy cake topper...there was even one posed as hamlet with a mouse skull in his hand.

    ReplyDelete