Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Sloth and Baby Sloth Necklaces



I have a ridiculous, unexplainable, unhealthy obsession with sloths. I identify with them... their two and three toed glory....lazing all day with a giant smile on their face. My shop name, The Surreptitious Sloth, pays homage to their splendor. I have a variety of sloth items now taking over my house...from my sloth apron to a sloth stained glass lamp. But how can you not love them??

Last Christmas I was given one of these amazing sloth necklaces, made by Mary Mary Handmade on Etsy; I was in love. Ever since, I have been looking longingly at her shop at all of the other amazingly adorable items. Literally every item in this shop has all of the cuteness of a baby, a bot of kittens, and ET Drew Barrymore combined.

I have to say, I am coveting the baby sloth necklace...I mean, could it be any cuter? Look at his face. Look at it. Are you looking? If I didn't want to wear this little guy, I would just eat him...he looks that delicious. Can sloths be delicious? Ok.. My ability to speak rationally has been overcome with giddiness for this adorable piece...

Mary Mary Handmade on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/marymaryhandmade
$42.00

4 comments:

  1. That is a funny post! Sloth's are indeed super cute. I am more partial to owls and am noticing a new love affair developing with foxes. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man.... owls are def a close contender for my heart. Narwahls too... long live the obscure animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...well...we don't have sloths in New Hampshire, but we do have turtles that move slowly! That necklace is absolutely darling! Come on over to my blog (http://whittskitsfabricscrafts.blogspot.com) and my Etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/WhittsKitsFabrics) and say "hi"!
    Thanks for fanning my page, as well!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with that necklace too. She has such an adorable shop.

    ReplyDelete